Your Boyfriend’s Favourite Potato Salad
Yes. You definitely read that right. Your boyfriend’s favourite potato salad. Sounds pretty random right? It’s not. When my husband and I started dating, I used my kitchen witchcraft to confuse him. Say what you will about gender roles and feminism but the way to a man’s heart really is through his stomach. This particular man anyway. He is an absolute sucker for potato salad so I created this version especially for him. May it snag you a man (or just a really good eating session!).
You will need:
About 1 kg of Alika potatoes (The ones with the red skin that you can leave on)
1 tsp of freshly crushed black pepper
2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of dried oregano
1/4 cup of chopped dhania (coriander)
Half a cup of mayonnaise
Half a cup of sweet corn
Half a cup of cooked pasta (fusilli)
Half a cup of chopped bacon
2 chopped chicken sausages
- In a boiling pot of salt water, put in your potatoes and leave them for about 15-20 minutes. You want them cooked but firm and not mushy. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Fry up your bacon and sausages (cut them up before so they cook faster) until crisp and set aside.
- Get your biggest bowl and get ready to mix some heaven. Make sure your potatoes are completely cooled down before you begin this part.
- Add in your other ingredients and do the mayo last, little by little so you don’t put in too much. You want the salad coated not swimming in mayonnaise.
- Put in the fridge and chill. Serve cold with some roast chicken, pork or a chicken sandwich.
Happy eating! If you try it out, let me know how it works out.