Updated: Budgeting Template for 2017
You can find the old budgeting template here to get a better idea of how the budget works. The budget has two salary columns because we are a two person household that budgets together. If this isn’t the case for you, feel free to use just the one column. Once you download, it is customisable.
In the 2017 budget I have added:
- A space for those of us doing the #52WeekChallenge (Which can also be termed as your Mshwari contribution). Read about the challenge here. It’s genius! Kellie Murungi (who runs the site and is a money guru) came up with it. If you check the hashtag on Twitter you can find out who else is doing it as well as success stories.
- A slot for your Nanny/DM/Cleaning lady depending on your set up.
HOW TO USE
- Click on the link above to open the Google sheet.
- Once it appears, sign in to your Gmail account (You’ll see the sign in button on the top right corner).
- When you sign in, you should be able to click on ‘File’ and then ‘Make a Copy’. This will add the sheet to your drive folder.
- From there, you can use it on your Google sheets as needed.
Note: This template is for use on Google Drive. I prefer this because then the budget it accessible anywhere, anytime and you have a back up of it online.
Of course, if you see a category that you desperately need and would like added, just let me know. The last time I adjusted it after requests for car payments and fuel.
Happy budgeting! Here’s to a spending conscious 2017.